Dad`s not in touch: Katrina Kaif
Katrina Kaif has six sisters – three older and three younger. She also has a brother, a professional skier and rock climber.
The siblings have been brought up by her mother, a Harvard graduate and successful lawyer, who gave it all up to join a charitable organization. However, while the actress insists that her mom did a fine job, she still misses her dad.
Katrina isn’t in touch with her father. She confessed, “When I see friends who have wonderful fathers who are like pillars of support for their families, I say, if only I had that. But instead of complaining, I should be grateful for all the other things I have.”
Asked if she thinks her father could get back in touch now that she’s a star, Katrina told NDTV’s Walk the Talk, “No, he is not that kind of a man. He is very decent and comes from a good family and they went their own ways because of issues which are personal. He is an affluent person, so he is not going to come back because his daughter is now famous.”
Born in Hong Kong, she says, “My parents separated when we were very young. We were raised by my mother who did a wonderful job. She raised us with the belief and inspiration to find yourself in the world. Live your dreams and find what is going to make you live life freely. She made us tough and she wasn’t the kind of mother who told us to go to college and get a degree and become a doctor or a lawyer. She herself had found her fulfillment in things that were off-beat.”
1 Comment »
- International Indian Achiever Awards 2014
- Preity Zinta signs off
- After Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Vidya Balan giggles
- Dad`s not in touch: Katrina Kaif
- New Releases of the week
- Saif Ali Khan turns singer wearing a towel
- John Abraham is marathon man
- Katrina Kaif : Call me Desirable not Sexy
- Who Says Pappu Can`t Dance Saala?
- Kangana Ranaut has a ghostly dosh in her kundali
- Short Kut should work or I`ll hammer numerologist
- Akshay Kumar success party or a power show?